YouTube Channels Can Change Their Name Without Affecting TheirGoogle Account
March 2, 2021 Kevin Johnson 2 comment
YouTube creators can now change the name of their channel easily without altering their GoogleAccount Name. Apart from the channel name, creators can also change their photos, andmodifications will only be implemented on YouTube.
Earlier, the YouTube creator have to change the name that’s shown across all Google services inorder to change the name of their YouTube channel.
This update allows creators to use one name for their YouTube channel and a different name formessages sent from their Gmail account, for instance.
How to change the name of Youtube channel on the Desktop:
- Log in to your YouTube Studio.
- Click on Customization and then Basic info from the left-hand menu
- SelectEdit to modify your channel name.
- Enter your new channel description
- Select Publish
How to change the name of Youtube channel on Mobile:
- Open the YouTube mobile app.
- Select your profile picture
- Tap Your Channel
- Tap Setting on the right-hand corner of your Channel Page
- Tap Edit option, next to your name.
- Change your channel name and tap the tick in the corner.
However, YouTube’s help page concerning managing a channel’s basic info has not yet beenupdated to show the name can be changed without modifying the name on the Google account.
On the help page, it says a channel’s name can be modified three times every 90 days. Presumably,that still applies, so creators need this to take into account if they’re experimenting with variouschannel names